Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Troy 2004

The best part about Troy was when Paris (Orlando Bloom) passed the sword of Troy to a young man limping along with his father.

"What's your name?" Paris asked the man.

"Aeneas," the man replied.

Aeneas goes on to wander at sea for years; his descendants eventually found the Roman Empire.

I felt smug about noticing this detail, especially when, while waiting outside the bathrooms after the movie I overheard this conversation:

Woman: I can't believe they killed Brad Pitt. He's such a hottie.

Man: Uh.

Woman: I can't believe they used the horse like that!

Man: Well you've heard of the Trojan Horse, right?

Woman: Yeah. But I didn't know they used it like that!

Man: Well what did you think they did?

Woman: I thought they used it to sail back to Greece!