Friday, November 12, 2004

Current obsession: Silly Strawberry


Well, a week has past since my dentist appointment.

Fluoride and flossing have added more time to the nightly teeth-brushing ritual, but that new toothpaste I bought is working out great.

It's Tom's of Maine's Silly Strawberry and it's actually marketed to kids, but I like it just the same. It foams really well in my mouth but with none of that harsh chemically taste you'll find with other brand-name toothpastes. There's just a hint of strawberry flavor, and it's real strawberry flavor not something artificially manufactured to taste like strawberry.

The only drawback, if you consider this a drawback, is that because it's so natural it lacks that burning tingly sensation you get from other toothpastes, and I kind of consider that the sensation of a clean mouth.

I heard of Tom's of Maine before and then tried some of the regular mint-flavored toothpaste that Chris had. That was good but I like the strawberry flavor better.

Tom's of Maine is one of those "all natural, environmentally friendly" companies. Chris warned me that my parents might now worry that I'm turning into a hippie.

However, the Silly Strawberry version I got came with fluoride. I'm not that all natural.