Wednesday, October 20, 2004

First real meal with Chris

I wrote this on July 19.

During dinner last night at the Thai restaurant with Chris, I was sipping on my Thai iced tea when suddenly....THE GLASS EXPLODED IN MY HAND. Thai iced tea splattered into my curry, dripped off the table and sprayed my mint green Gap tank top and this cute pink skirt I'd bought from the Jeans Warehouse.

The waitress wasn't even that quick about bringing the napkins or ringing us up so we could get out of there. She didn't comp the meal either, but she did get me a new curry dish to go. She got me a Thai iced tea to go as well.

"Hmm," she said, picking up a piece of the shattered glass. "This is strange. We paid $5 for these glasses."

She looked at me. "How did this happen?"

"It just exploded," Chris said. Then, "Actually, I hit her over the head with it."

The waitress looked at him incredulously. "You hit her?"

"Well only after I tried to hit him first," I replied.

So she finally gets that we are kidding.

As we were waiting for her to come back with the check I told Chris if he was a real gentleman he would dump what was left of his drink onto his lap so I wasn't the only one looking stupid. I was kidding, but he actually DID it.

Then as I was sipping out of the to-go cup, the lid fell off and more Thai iced tea splashed onto my white sandals.

So we both left the restaurant looking ridiculous.