Sunday, November 14, 2004

I hope I'm not too late to be hip (but if I have to hope, of course I am)

Hello, when did knitting become trendy? From scarves to beanies to leg warmers, everywhere I look I see someone twiddling their needles. Well, mostly I've been looking at the magazine rack at Borders. So what? The point is, I've only now noticed the outcrop of knitting magazines. And they look more Seventeen than Martha Stewart. (Bad example. I don't think Martha knits).

For that matter, there's a whole new breed of craft magazine, geared to the young and hip.

I have a feeling I'm the last to notice this. I'm usually on something just before it goes out of style.

I wonder when puffy paints will make the big come back. God I used to love decorating T-shirts with iron-ons and puffy paints. My auntie once bought me a huge set of Tulip brand puffy paints from Costco. I never had the balls to actually wear the shirts. I guess I was in it more for the craft than the fashion.