Wednesday, October 12, 2005

How far we come

There were some major fuck-ups at work today (fortunately none of it my fault) and my co-workers are in considering mutiny against some of the management. It's all they talked about over dinner tonight: how much this one particular manager sucked and how we should all confront our boss to make him do something about it.

I found myself trying to be the positive voice, pointing out that managers have a tough job too, especially when they are basically the same age and experience level as most of their underlings.

Still, the idea of me-- Me!-- being positive. About work. Is too, too funny. When I came home and told Chris about it, the irony dawned on me and I almost laughed out loud. Just a year ago, I was the biggest complainer about work.

Positive my ass. I think I'm becoming a hypocrite. Don't tell any of my co-workers.

I guess I like my current boss better than my old one and ditto most of my co-workers. Doesn't make for much interesting blogging though, does it?