Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Stupid, girly insecurity

The new people have begun arriving. Joe the new sports editor, seems like a nice guy, good sense of humor, still relatively quiet. He's a friend of Brian, our old sports guy who's been promoted.

And Carly, the new page designer. Petite girl with long brown hair and blue eyes. She's from North Carolina and has a military boyfriend who's in Iraq. She smokes a lot but seems like a smart girl, nice.

Abby, the new editor of our weekly and Carolyn the other reporter are due to arrive within the next week.

And here I confess.

I feel so threatened by these new people, that they will render me obsolete.

Carly is only 22 as is Carolyn.

To be totally honest I am also afraid, I can't explain why, that Carolyn will be prettier than me that her beauty will make me invisible.

This is stupid, girly insecurity.