Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Mood(y)

I am in some kind of mood today. And not a good one either. It is that time of the month. I know this because yesterday I slurped down a Jamba Juice Berry Lime Sublime (sour at first, but leaves you craving more) then wolfed down a Egg McMuffin combo at McDonalds.

Just the crappy, down-sized Egg McMuffin alone would have cost $2-something. The combo which came with orange juice and a greasy hash brown, cost $4-something. I had $6 floating around my purse so of course I got the combo.

Then, on assignment, the interviewees insisted, insisted, insisted I have a slice of apple/pear pie. The apples and pears were locally grown so I obliged. And the whole time, I kept eyeing the home made caramel apples. Someone had sprinkled nuts on them too.

But back to the mood. I was in the mood when I asked Chris to tell me his honest opinion of this blog.

"My honest opinion?" he said. "I like it I really do.

"But if you want some honest criticism...."

And here came the long pause.

Then he told me I could afford to be "edgier." Like, you know, those little ditties I used to write where I made fun of the silly/stupid stuff people do.

Note to Chris, when I'm in this kind of mood, you can can the honesty pal.

He also pointed out that I could be a tad bit oversensitive and wondered if my mother were that way too.

I should have hung up and gone for a drive. This mood makes everything worse. Most of all because I know why it's happening but seem to have little control over it.