Friday, November 26, 2004

I'm one happy turkey today

Ah, the Day After Thanksgiving (DAT). I hope you're all stuffed and satisfied.

Chris' mom invited me to Thanksgiving dinner since I was in town (working) for the day. That was sweet. Or should I say sweeeeet. Good food and lots of it, even though I arrived late.

As I was heaping a hunk of yam onto my already heavy-laden plate, this newscast came on about how unhealthy Thanksgiving can be, what with us fat, lazy Americans stuffing our faces with reckless abandon and no consideration of the consequences. The newscaster tried telling me to take smaller portions and eat green beans instead of candied yams and wake up early on DAT and exercise.

"I'll just ignore that," I told Chris' mom, and added a dinner role to the platter.

I do eat a lot, but I don't think I went crazy. Just one big serving, a moderate slice of pumpkin pie, half a glass of apple cider and a glass of water.

Besides, I still have to buy my brother a birthday present and tomorrow is DAT also known as Crazy Ass Shopping Day. So I may find myself elbowing my way through packed racks of plastic junk. That should be exercise enough.