Sunday, December 26, 2004

Food, family and a funny kine dog

I forgot to bring my camera to the family Christmas dinner so no pictures of my auntie's new Pomeranian puppy Twinkle. She's a cutie and weighs about as much as a balled up T-shirt. Auntie also brought Taffy, Twinkle's sister. She was babysitting while the owners spent Christmas in Kona.

Suffice it to say though, that Li Po was bit by the jealousy bug. The whole night he stuck by my mom's side with the expression of a kid on the verge of a tantrum. My uncle's girlfriend, though, decided he was the cutest dog there. Instead of being grateful, he snarled and nearly bit her when she tried to pick him up! He didn't though, but he lost his charm after that.

With my whole family around it finally began to feel like Christmas. Grandma even made lomi salmon and Granpa's friend had dropped off fresh poi. Yum, yum, yum. This same friend made the lau lau and that was yummy too--not salty and very lean.