Saturday, January 22, 2005

You know you're in Albuquerque when...

At risk of sounding like one of those "You know you're in" lists, last night when I called Chris up he was at a bar/nightclub with his friend Abel and he started to describe the scene:

"The police department's got some horses here. Yup. I guess 'cause it gets pretty wild downtown on Friday and Saturday nights. Uh-oh. Abel's about to get busted. This might actually be kind of funny. He's using his brother's I.D. I think he lost his or that's what he said, anyway I think they know it's not his real I.D. Hey, something must be going on. They're sending the horses in. Wow, they've got some real big horses."

From this brief and somewhat confusing conversation I gathered that Abel, who is older than 21, was using his older brother's I.D. to get into a bar, that this apparently is breaking some sort of New Mexican law, and that the authorities keep order on horseback.

Only in New Mexico?