Friday, November 26, 2004

I am consumerism at its worst

I did it. I went shopping today, Black Friday. I wasn't crazy enough to hit the Wal-Mart but my mom was. Or tried. She circled the lot, found a space five hundred miles away, hiked it to the store (nearly getting run over by a elderly man backing out of a stall) and bought my brother a box of golf balls before she had enough and high-tailed it home.

That's right. While the rest of the nation left Wal-Mart with new flat screen televisions, my mom bought a box of golf balls.

Then we went downtown, where I fell in love with Basically Books. They have so many made in Hawaii stuff, cute stuff too. The sales clerk who rang me up had B.O. though, which I don't get since the shelves were stocked with five or six varietis of hand-made soap, all delicious smelling. Hear me Chris? Delicious.

I found a copy of Momotaro, the Japanese children's book about the little boy born from a peach who goes on to fight ogres. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a children's book, but I impulsively bought it.