Monday, November 29, 2004

Please, bear with me as I post again about knitting


photo044.jpg, originally uploaded by kaiwa_4.

This is my scarf so far. It's another cheap synthetic yarn, but Stroller suggested something "chunky" for the pattern.

More specifically she suggested a chunky wool/alpaca blend in three contrasting colors.

Of course, being a novice I went out and bought some chunky, FURRY yarn that makes it difficult to see the stitches. And there was hardly any color selection at Wal-Mart so I only bought two contrasting colors and will have to improvise. I am also using a thicker needle so that contributes to the chunky look as well.

Before starting with this new yarn I practiced "binding off" (finishing off the last row of stitches so the whole thing doesn't unravel) on a practice patch I knitted with the red yarn. Stroller said binding off is the easiest part. Of course, I found it most difficult, but surprised myself again by figuring it out.

Of course, my mom the expert knitter is able to finish cool projects like this:


in just one sitting.