Saturday, November 27, 2004

Yea!


photo033.jpg, originally uploaded by kaiwa_4.

I am teaching myself to knit via "Stitch & Bitch" by Debbie Stroller. (I know, I know, more trendy crafty things). It took me a good 5-10 minutes to figure out the slip knot, which is how you get the first loop onto the needle and that was only a 3-step process.

Then comes "casting on" which is how you fill in the rest of the first row. A 4-step process that looked confusing as hell and took me 15-20 minutes to figure out. I almost shouted for joy when I got it to work. (I guess a part of me thought I'd hitch a fit, accidentally konk my head against a wall and black out for a few hours).

In fact I was so excited, I called Chris and left some kind of dorky voice mail message about, "Yea! I'm knitting! This is so cool!" then quickly hung up when I realized how dorky that sounded.

I'm taking a break before starting the "actual" knitting because I need to come down from my high, otherwise if I screw up the despair will be unbearable.