Tuesday, December 28, 2004

AT&T really does suck ass

Chris is pounding away at his writing projects and just finished another one. He's house sitting for some friends who have a lot of pets and told me he's trained the dogs and cat to sleep on the bed with him.

Now that I've published this here, I can guarantee he will probably never direct aforementioned friends to this website.

I feel like I should express some gratitude to Chris because he's always so nice, even when I'm whining and swearing and inconsolable because I can't seem to login to the at&t website to check my cellphone bill. Even though I'm doing all this while talking to him on the cellphone.

So here it is: Chris is sweet. He's so sweet.

But speaking of the at&t website, they have this "cute" (and by cute I mean annoying and ineffectual) feature called "Ask Allie". All the pissed off customers who can't seem to login despite following all the instructions (ME) can type in a question for Allie who will then try to answer.

This seemed like total bullshit to me, so I typed in something like, "How do I change my password so I can log in? And AT&T sucks ass."

Allie replied promptly: "I'll be happy to answer your question, but be nice."

That gave me a pause. Like maybe there's someone behind the scenes with some measure of intellect after all. But nope. All of Allie's replies were dumbshit things like directing me to the FAQ page or telling me "I don't understand that question, it's too long. Short questions work best."

Thus far, I have not managed to log in and check my bill. The only thing more frustrating would be talking to one of AT&T's actual ineffectual customer service flaks.

I am so not going to be a AT&T customer much longer.