Sunday, April 03, 2005

All in all, not a bad day

Chris has banished me to the computer because he's sleepy and I'm wide awake. "Why don't you go and blog?" he moaned. Then he rattled off a list of miscellaneous topics I should blog about. But being stubborn and prone to thinking I am great and original, I patently refuse to blog about those things. At least for now.

But I will say this.

I am baffled by the concept of Daylight Savings Time. I just got my parents used to the fact that they were three hours behind me and now suddenly, they are four hours behind me. This is all the more confusing because the clock in my car is still on Hawaii-time. I told you I was stubborn. Or lazy. Or both.

One time today when we were driving around Chris asked what time it was and I said, "It's two. I mean five. I mean six." That's what daylight savings time does to you. But Chris thinks it's great. Something about getting a whole extra hour and leaving work while there is still light.

It's all arbitrary. I run on my own time, thus this manic late post.

Today we had fun. Drove to Durango, Colo. and Cortez, Colo. then through Shiprock, NM on the Navajo Reservation to get back to Farmington. Then we walked through Animas and Berg Parks in Farmington, which, as far as we can tell, are the only places in Farmington designed with any sense of asthetics in mind. The park has paved walking paths right next to the Animas River (puny and muddy, but water! water! nonetheless water!) and there are ducks in the river. We watched the ducks get all territorial and fight over the females for a little while, then we watched an overzealous golden retreaver try to bag himself a duck while his owner tried not to let him drag her into the river. Good times.