Sunday, March 13, 2005

I hate it here and I've never been happier :o) :o) :o)

I spent the past two days actively hating Farmington. Not passively like when you don't like something and you mope around about it and cry when no one's looking. Actively. I went out of my way to drive Chris crazy by saying over and over again, "I hate Farmington. Farmington sucks."

"I don't know what to say," Chris replied. "You just keep saying you hate it and I wish I could help you but if you're just going to hate it then you hate it."

"Yeah, I hate it."

You can probably see the pattern developing here.

Today my miserable hatred expanded to include not just Farmington but the entire state of New Mexico. It goes sort of like this: I hate green chile. I hate Mexican food. I hate cowboy hats.

Finally Chris said he was afraid the next time he came to visit me I'd be t urning purple from holding my breath then he pretended to be me choking and said, "I hate New Mexico air. I'm trying not to breathe it."

And I said, "Hey, that's not such a bad idea."