Tuesday, March 15, 2005

dOrks are happy

It snowed so beautifully in Albuquerque yesterday and when I woke up this morning it was still snowing. That means icy roads. Thus I'm here instead of at work. I should seize this fortuitous free day with glee and gusto instead of wallowing in guilt because I'm not at work in Farmington.
But I do feel guilty. Thanks parents, for the guilt-ridden Asian upbringing.

The weekend has given me time to get my head back together and I no longer feel so defeated by this state...a state where men regularly wear cowboy hats and handle bar moustaches with no irony. I am still not to fond of green chile. I'd still prefer kimchi.

One of the good things about being from Hawaii is that snow still hasn't lost its charm. I couldn't resist grabbing a clump and throwing it at Chris as we were getting out of the car. And yesterday, I grabbed a handful off the porch and threw it aimlessly while giggling like a goof. Then I went and told Chris.

"I'm such a dork!" I said.

"That's ok. Dorks are happy," he replied.

And for now I am. Isn't it wonderful that life is made up of little moments?