Saturday, June 18, 2005

Oh yeah

I was so bothered by the last sentence in the last post I was tempted to delete it. But that would be dishonest, because it's how I felt the very moment I wrote it.

Still, I felt bad. So I read a few pages of the "Tao of Pooh," took a shower and washed my hair, and this is what came to me:

Valerie Gritton was one of the first, and certainly the friendliest, to greet me in Farmington. She gave me a great big hug and said, "I'm so glad you're here. We're really understaffed."

Well, she left last week. She and her husband moved to Kentucky where they're going to start a family.

Valerie had a helluva time moving to Farmington from New York. She thought she would hate it but ended up meeting her future husband. Curtis is a sweetie and even came up with a cute way to propose. He was going to take her to the place they went on dates, a place with a good view of the mesa during the day and a secluded make-out place by night. He was going to take her there on the ruse of star gazing and place the ring at the end of the telescope for her to discover.

Well it just so happens Valerie already knew he had the ring and was pissed he hadn't proposed yet so when he suggested star-gazing she was pissy. It's stupid, she said, we can't see any stars anyway, it's all overcast.

So Curtis finally gave up on that idea and just gave her the ring and proposed in the more typical manner.

That, said Valerie, summed up her relationship with Curtis. He tries to do something sweet, she gets all bitchy.

And that, my friends, seems to sum up my relationship with life. I'll hold out hope for a happy ending.