Sunday, July 24, 2005

I have downloaded some pretty cheesy songs in the past. The thing is, I've stopped "really" listening to music for so long (about two years, I just put up with whatever's on the radio now days) that I forgot just how cheesy.

Enter the I-pod.

I was listening to this alternative/heavy metal band from Puna, Hawaii called Living in Question (heh, I wonder if they have a myspace page) and their song, Sad Story: "Stabbed in the back, spit in the face, sad story, not sorry," was followed by Amy Grant's, "Baby, baby."

The thing is, sometimes I get a song stuck in my head, or I just feel an urge to hear it so I just download it (or at least I did back in the days when you could download for free from Napster without worrying about a lawsuit) without any thought to how embarrassing it might be to listen to later.

I should clue my dad in to I-pod and the I-tunes Music Store that way he can buy whatever he wants instead of trying to bully my mom into buying the 50 percent off "Culture Club" CD from the cheap music bin at Wal-Mart. (My dad has wide-ranging taste, but my mom refused to buy it for him. He could very well buy it himself, she said).

p.s. Hey, thanks. Now I know what funny man and his wife look like.