Monday, August 22, 2005

It's enough to make you sick

I was just watching this re-run of Fear Factor, the one where this girl has to down a glass of scorpian martini and eat the scorpian carcus at the bottom. She managed to get the liquid down, but gagged on the scorpian and ended up throwing up.

"I tried," she told her partner who was also her boyfriend. "I tried."

"I know, I know you did," he replied. Then he kissed her. On the mouth. Right after she'd barfed up scorpian guts.

Sometimes, when you have the right boyfriend, it's great to have a boyfriend. Like Chris. I know he would kiss me even if I'd just thrown up.

My first boyfriend, he showed up on my porch with roses and asked me out literally the night after I'd thrown up in the middle of a restaurant. He told me even when I was ralphing into the plastic bag my hair still smelled good. I really can't hold alcohol.

I guess I've been lucky like that, to mostly have been surrounded by good people.