Sunday, July 09, 2006

Blah


I really don't need another shower gel. Especially since I broke my no-shopping-at-Target vow the other day and bought some shower gel that claimed to have been infused with nutrients from the Dead Sea and promised to make my skin stay young-looking. Hey, it smelled like the ocean -- without the rotting sealife, icky seaweed smell. You know how I'm being stupid sentimental about the ocean lately.

I already have a shower gel that smells like egg nog and one that claims to have been infused with sake and promised to make my skin stay soft and supple. And let's not forget the old staple, Cotton Blossm. And that bottle of Yardley's Lavender that is oh-so-close to be finished, and would have been if the sake one hadn't come along.

So, really. I don't need another shower gel. But I happened to cruise by the Bath and Bodyworks web site .... OK, I lingered for at least an hour ... by the way, have you noticed how that place has changed lately? All those swanky new brand names and candles? Almost like a Sephora? Anyway. The shower gel. It's by a company called 100 % Pure and the packaging is sumptuous (why else would I be tempted, right?) and Bath and Bodyworks is selling it. I first read about this brand in the May issue of Elle (dubbed the "green" issue) and was intrigued even then.

Must stay practical...or take more showers.

Also, I know I've told myself this before, but nothing ever came of it: I want to eat a Loco Moco. Maybe it has something to do with calling home and finding out my brother picked up dinner at Cafe 100. Homemade Loco Mocos always taste better.