Saturday, July 24, 2004

I can cook

I love to eat but never learned to cook. In my family, a home cooked meal was a loco moco from Cafe 100.

Awhile back I had an urge to learn to cook, and start a blog about the experience. (I had it all mapped out in my mind--I'd start by presenting the recipe of the dish I wanted to prepare, followed by a description of what happened while I cooked and how the dish turned out).

Well, I never got around to cooking so there wasn't much point in starting the blog.

But yesterday I cooked. I made miso soup and lasagna. Both recipes came straight off the food packaging. Regardless they turned out remarkably well. Chris' mom even had seconds of the lasagna.

The next thing I want to try and make is this miso-based salad dressing/dipping sauce (recipe also found on the packaging).