Thursday, November 04, 2004

What a piece of quack

Ron the sports guy's desk is lined with his extensive toy collection, most of it from McDonald's Happy Meals, some passed out for free at sporting events and others inherited from co-workers who thought, I don't need this piece of crap but I'll bet Ron will appreciate it.

---Insert graceful transition paragraph here--

The folks from Affleck showed up at the office and did their best to convince us that our current health coverage is woefully inadequate. Then they held a drawing for a little plush white ducky that goes, "Affleck! Affleck! Aaaafllleck!" just like the ducky in the TV commercials.

I'm the lucky one who got to pull the winner's name from the pile of applications they'd made us fill out.

I ended up drawing Ron's name, of course.

Chris' dad: I'm so sorry. You know I'd add to the duck shrine if I could. Well, technically I could have cheated and drawn my own name since I could see the ink through the paper and I think I was the only one using a red pen, but hey, that would have been too obvious. And uhm, I scored a ducky pen though. That's still cool, right?