Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Medley of stuffs

Today, was late to work because I locked myself out of my apartment and my landlady wasn't home to give me the spare key.

After numerous attempts to break in failed (and I began to feel stupid, imagining what the neighbors were thinking) I sank to the ground and all I could think was, Too bad I don't have my knitting bag.

People, I officially turned 80 years old today.

* * *

Neighbor and co-worker Brian made some valiant attempts to break me into my apartment too, but my landlady installed some kind of superlock that is impenetrable against bent or straight paper clips.

After a few moments of "Let me try it this way, this is how they do it in the movies," Brian also gave up.

He offered to let me drive his hammajang jeep to work if I would come back for a late lunch and drop it off so he could get to work later. I held out. Because Brian's jeep is really hammajang and the last time I drove it (I was his designated driver) he told me, "The meter's broken. When it says you're going 20, you're actually going 50."

So I spent half an hour talking story in Brian's apartment and watching him play Halo 2 video game on his X-Box.

He told me he resisted the urge to play during the Christmas party he hosted over the weekend, despite much pressure from all the guys there, because there were "ladies in the room" and there was no way he'd let his geek quotient rise that much in front of the ladies.

Since last I checked I had a vagina and he was playing anyway, this was a real boost to my self-esteem. I finally asked him to let me borrow his jeep.

After four attempts to close his door and then having to walk all the way back to get him to show me how to fit the key in the ignition (need you ask HOW hammajang the jeep is?) I was off.