Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Pretty things

In the midst of packing up, I stumbled across a pretty stationary set my Chicago cousins gave me for Christmas, probably five years ago. I barely used the notecards because they are so pretty and despite being stuffed in a shoebox stuffed in a closet in Hawaii for all these years, the paper is as good as new. Tucked in with the notecards was this poem:

If you look up at the stars
and have a wondrous feeling
If your heart delights
at the antics of a chickadee
If a little toad winks
as you pass by
or you wish he would
then Presscraft Papers
were created
for you

After a bit of googling, I found the Gwen Frostic Prints web site. Gwen is the creator of the simple, beautiful, nature-inspired notecards I've rediscovered. I am coveting a journal. Maybe this one: