Friday, September 24, 2004

Recommend me a book

The days lately seemed uninspired and boring. I have been reading a lot. Finished "Under the Banner of Heaven" and started "The Devil Wears Prada."

My stylist recommended the latter to me. At the onset of our argument about my bangs (see earlier post) she said she got the sense that I had a good sense of style and might like reading it. She hadn't read it herself, but heard it was about a girl who worked at a fashion magazine and got to rub shoulders with all the fashion big wigs.

Getting book recommendations is always an interesting experience. I wonder if people are thinking of me and what I might like to read before they start recommending. But in most cases, it has more to do with them and their taste I think.

I am only toes deep into "The Devil Wears Prada" and I can tell you that it's not high praise for high fashion.