Saturday, November 06, 2004

Song list


Seth's song list, originally uploaded by kaiwa_4.

One of the neat things about Chris is he sings. I don't know how to describe his style. He and his friend David play together in New Mexico. Chris writes his own songs too. Mostly it's for fun, although they do get invitations to play at parties.

I got to watch Chris and David (and David's girlfriend Juliana) rehearse two days before playing at their friend Seth's wedding. It was the first and only pre-wedding rehersal they held. I pretended to be asleep so none of them would have the bright idea of trying to get me involved. But I had a hard time not snickering when I realized they hadn't even chosen which songs they were going to sing.

It turned out OK, of course.

I hadn't known Chris that long when he first pulled out the guitar and made up a song on the spot about me. It was slightly embarassing but also flattering.

I remember thinking it was really neat, and very sweet and anyone with a combination of those qualities was bound to inevitably dump me. That made me sad.

Obviously I underestimated his resistance to punishment.

The picture above is of Chris' and David's set list for Seth's wedding.